Anna Mae Gliebe is owner of Boujee Bites & Boards, a catering and charcuterie board business. Anna Mae creates beautifully arranged boards that are as delicious as they are beautiful. While she can help you with the food side of things through her catering business she also has a few tips for hosting a holiday themed party.
1. Stick to What You Know.
Don’t try to do it all. Have a favorite recipe or dessert? Great, make that! Play to your strengths but don’t be afraid to get help too. You can order from a local company such as a baker, chef, or even order an appetizer charcuterie board.
2. Preparation is Key!
Prepare as much as possible beforehand. This can allow you to actually be present and enjoy your guests instead of frantically scrambling and missing out on connecting with those dear to you.
3. Be Creative.
Not everything has to be over the top. For example, create a signature drink for everyone to enjoy. This shows thought and uniqueness, but doesn’t overcomplicate your shopping list or budget.
Small touches can go far. Try this unique little twist on jazzing up some cranberries. Anna Mae's Candied Cranberries are simple to make and versatile. They can be used as a garnish on a variety of holiday items. Anna Mae recommends adding them to a festive drink or a charcuterie board.
- Fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of white Sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup of Water
- In a medium saucepan combine and simmer 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar for 3 minutes. Be sure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in fresh washed and dried cranberries to coat, then remove from heat and stir another 1 minute. The simple syrup sticks better to dry cranberries.
- Remove cranberries with a slotted spoon and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet or rack and dry out for 1 hour. Be sure to remove cranberries prior to them bursting.
- Scoop up sticky cranberries and roll in remaining sugar to coat.
- Store candied cranberries covered at room temperature in a cool, dry environment for up to 2 days.
For more go to prettyfoodtastesbetter.com or her Instagram handle @boujee_bites_and_boards