As we usher in the new year, perhaps it is the perfect time to push pause on your busy schedule. To reset, recalibrate, rejuvenate and relax. With an abundance of wellness retreat options right here in Central Oregon, it’s easy to plan a wellness getaway close to home.
Brasada Ranch - Powell Butte, Oregon
If you are looking for a serene escape that offers a blend of outdoor recreation, wellness programs, culinary experiences and diverse accommodations, Brasada Ranch might be the perfect destination. Situated on 1,800 acres just 30 minutes outside of Bend, Brasada has been a destination resort since 2007.
With an array of wellness activities including spa treatments, yoga sessions, HIIT classes, water aerobics or even guided meditation hikes and horseback rides to Spirit Rock where hot beverages and s’mores by the fire pit amplify a revitalizing experience, Brasada offers opportunities for guests to rejuvenate their mind and body. With winter getaway packages and the new adults-only Cascade Bungalows particularly geared toward health and wellness, now is the perfect time to customize a wellness retreat that fits your schedule, as well as your goals. Knowing that a key to health and wellness is what you eat, Brasada is also committed to offering fresh, seasonal, and nourishing farm-to-table meals.
Sunriver Resort - Sunriver, Oregon
Just a short drive south of Bend, nestled along the Deschutes River, sits Sunriver Resort. Since 1969, this resort has been welcoming guests from around the world, offering a large variety of amenities and recreation all in one location.
With cozy rooms offering immediate access to nature and outdoor recreation, Sunriver Resort is a great choice for planning a wellness retreat any time of year. With its proximity to Bend, it’s easy to take advantage of the stand-alone wellness classes and events offered by the resort. Or, to plan your own wellness retreat, plan a night or weekend getaway in conjunction with one of these events, and book a luxury spa treatment at the Sunriver Resort Sage Springs Club & Spa to round out your retreat.
● New Moon Meditation and Journaling class (Jan. 12)
● Full Moon Yoga and Sound Healing (Jan. 25)
● Rest & Reiki (Feb. 3)
● Leap Day Wellness (Feb. 29)
FivePine Lodge - Sisters, Oregon
An ideal destination for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a tranquil retreat, FivePine Lodge is located just 25 miles north of Bend. Offering a perfect blend of rustic charm and modern luxury, this upscale lodge features well-appointed cabins, each with a private soaking tub and fireplace. All guests have access to the Sisters Athletic Club and a wide variety of outdoor recreation activities year round.
FivePine Lodge offers wellness packages that can be customized, but are designed to include at least two nights to offer a true retreat from busy schedules. Along with cozy cabin accommodations, the on-site Shibui Spa offers an oasis for body, mind and spirit with a variety of holistic treatments, like the Hot Himalayan Salt Stone Massage, that utilize natural, organic products in a luxurious relaxing spa setting.
FivePine Lodge offers the following focused wellness retreats and packages:
● Winter Wellness Package: Cozy up and take a soak in the enchanting cast iron pedestal soaking tub while enjoying a warm fire. Wrap up in cozy plush robes and enjoy breakfast delivered to your cabin. Relax and rejuvenate with a trip to the Shibui Spa and unwind in the charming library with nightly complimentary beer and wine.
● Yoga in the Pines Retreat: Jump start the new year with a four-day and three-night yoga retreat including active fun, restful contemplation, and natural connection. Yoga instructors Bill and Rosey Wyland of Sellwood Yoga lead six yoga classes. This retreat is appropriate for adventurous beginners to yoga, as well as experienced yogis wishing to take their practice to a deeper place.
● January Detox Program: Join in FivePine Lodge’s annual Shibui Spa Detox Program to firmly set your intentions for the coming year. Enjoy the following spa treatments as part of this program: a ShiBui Specialized Detox Wrap, a Tri-Dosha Ayurvedic Facial and an Ayurvedic Dosha Massage.
Juniper Preserve - Bend, Oregon
Just a short drive northeast of Bend sits the newly rebranded Juniper Preserve, by over 20,000 acres of federally protected juniper forest. Opened in 2007 (Pronghorn Resort), this resort offers an escape from the everyday close to home. With property amenities that include luxurious lodging, miles of trails for hiking and horseback riding, along with newly renovated pools, fitness facilities and even an on-site store offering locally sourced groceries and wellness products, this resort offers everything you will need to ensure a restful, rejuvenating and unforgettable retreat experience.
From wellness packages offered year round, to focused wellness and mindfulness retreats, Juniper Preserve offers something for everyone looking for a chance to relax and reset this new year. As part of Juniper Lodge, the onsite boutique hotel, wellness programs begin at the Juniper Spa with treatments rooted in ancient traditions. A wellness concierge is available to assist guests in planning a curated wellness experience.
Here are a few of the programs offered at Juniper Preserve:
● Signature Wellness Retreats: Juniper Preserve hosts group wellness retreats four times a year and personally curated retreats through its on-site wellness concierge. The retreats are led by experts, immersing participants in nature with lessons on holistic living, including locally sourced meals designed for optimal nourishment, daily fitness and wellness classes, mindfulness experiences in the on-site lava cave and teepee and access to the spa.
● Mindfulness Venues: Extending beyond the walls of a spa, relaxation is carried throughout the property with a mindfulness labyrinth for introspection, a plush teepee for yoga, meditation, breathwork and conversation, and a Spirit Island and Healing Cave, created by lava eons ago for more wellness experiences.
● Weekly Wellness Programming: Guests can participate in the extensive wellness classes on-site scheduled weekly, including yoga, pilates, fitness and conditioning, mindful movement, transcendental breathwork, along with a variety of outdoor recreational activities like snowshoe tours.
Sunriver Resort - Sunriver, Oregon
A few miles south of Bend, nestled in the pines along the Deschutes River sits the Sunriver Resort. Since 1969, this resort has been welcoming guests from around the world, offering a large variety of amenities and recreation all in one location.
With gorgeous resort rooms offering immediate access to nature and outdoor recreation, Sunriver Resort is a great choice for planning a wellness retreat any time of year. With its proximity to Bend, it’s easy to take advantage of the stand-alone wellness classes and events. Or, plan a night or a weekend getaway coordinated with one of these events.
Here are a few of the wellness classes and events offered by Sunriver Resort: New Moon Meditation and Journaling class (Jan. 12); Full Moon Yoga and Sound Healing (Jan. 25); Rest & Reiki (Feb. 3); Leap Day Wellness (Feb. 29). Plan ahead and pair any one of these focused wellness events or classes with a night or weekend getaway and book a luxury spa treatment to round out your wellness retreat.
“At Brasada Ranch, wellness is all about curated experience, ensuring that every moment at The Ranch is about connecting with yourself and your surroundings.”
— Andy Damman, Brasada Ranch General Manager, Club and Experiences
“FivePine offers more structured wellness opportunities throughout the year, but also believe that guests can incorporate wellness into even a short getaway.”
— Beverly Garcia, FivePine Lodge Manager
“At Juniper Preserve, our setting and expansive landscape naturally become an extension to our curated wellness offerings, which explore and celebrate the many different meanings of, and paths to, wellness.”
— Spencer Schaub, General Manager at Juniper Preserve