Enjoy this fun cocktail with the ladies (or anyone 21 and over!) in your life.
· 1 ½ ounces Teslon tequila
· 1 ounce triple sec
· ½ ounce lime juice
· 2 ounces lemonade
· 3 ounces butterfly pea flower tea
· Lemon or lime garnish
Sugar the rim (optional)
· Fill a small plate with a circle of agave. Fill another plate with sugar. Dip your glass in the agave and then into the sugar. When it is covered with your desired amount of sugar, fill ¾ of the glass with ice and set aside.
Make the butterfly pea flower tea
· Bowl 2-3 cups of water
· Add butterfly pea flower tea (can be found on Amazon)
· Allow 5-6 minutes to steep for the beautiful ocean blue natural color
· Strain over a loose tea strainer or cheesecloth
· Option to refrigerate or use right away (may need a few more ice cubes if you go the latter route)
Make the margarita mix
· Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and a few ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Cover and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Give the mix a taste and stir in a teaspoon or two of sweetener, if desired.
Strain and add the magic
· Strain the margarita mix over the ice cups. Add the lemonade. For the magical color-changing effect, slowly pour in the butterfly pea flower tea. Garnish with a lime or lemon wheel. Serve and enjoy.
Mallory Miller is the Owner of The Blondetenders mobile bartending service. She blended her years in hospitality and social work studies to guide her passion for creating, hosting, and helping others with their perfect event. Believing the client experience is paramount, Mallory’s The Blondetenders mobile bartending service values communication and consulting — along with fun and engaging bartenders.