What comes after the question has been popped and you’re engaged? We checked with Tyler O’Donnell of The Bella Donna Wedding Chapel and Event Center and she gave us a list of absolute musts! When all the parents and friends have been called, selfies have been posted, and you’ve taken some time to enjoy the initial excitement, the planning begins. During this time, Pinterest will become your best friend. This list gives you a rough timeline for planning your dream wedding!
1. Sit down with your fiancé and families and determine your wedding budget. Get a wedding planner/organizer to put all the details in order. These can be found anywhere books are sold.
2. Think about when the ideal wedding date would be and book the venue, photographer, florist, caterer, DJ, etc.
3. When meeting with all the vendors, share your vision in detail. Show them your Pinterest boards and even pictures from other weddings you've been to so they can get an idea of your vision.
4. Get your ring sized (so all of your pictures turn out perfectly, never a crooked ring).
5. Plan the engagement party. Besides family, you may want to invite those you want at the wedding. Don't forget the photographer. Create a hashtag for the event so you can see pictures that guests have taken.
6. Start shopping for the perfect dress. Remember, you can find dresses on places like Ebay and Etsy as well as traditional wedding shops. Decide on wedding colors and start accessory shopping for everything from earrings to shoes.
7. Choose your bridal party.
8. Finalize your guest list. This may be a stressful process, but start with family and close friends and go from there.
9. Six months before the wedding date, send out "save the date cards". Three months prior, send out wedding invitations and have your RSVPs due 30 days before the wedding event.
10. Begin planning the honeymoon and book hotel rooms and flights. Don't forget to allow enough time to get a passport if necessary.
Even though the engagement period may seem stressful, it's a short and very special time in your life, during each day of your engagement, find time to relax and savor every moment!
For more information on planning your dream event, contact The Bella Donna Wedding Chapel & Event Center at 918-266-2141 or visit them at https://BellaDonnaEvents.com.