No-Bake Energy Balls
For many of us, January is a month of fresh starts and new beginnings. We have new-found energy to develop healthy habits, rekindle long-lost projects, strive for our goals, and ignite new passions. And 2021 will be no different (goodbye 2020!!). If losing weight or eating healthier are part of your goals this year, you'll need good sources of energy to have on hand. Stock your fridge with healthy snacks that are easy to grab - like carrots & hummus, string cheese & an apple, or these no-bake energy balls. They are filled with real-food ingredients that you can feel good about. And with a hint of sweetness, they'd even make a satisfying dessert!
Happy 2021! May it be your healthiest year yet!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, flaxseed, and salt.
2. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
3. Using clean hands, roll into 1 inch balls. A small cookie scoop can be helpful for this.
4. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
5. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 16-18 balls.
Follow @SheEatsToLive on Instagram for more easy, healthy and fun recipes