This is a perfect Easter salad to complement your ham, deviled eggs, and scalloped potatoes with the embrace of spring flavors in a sweet, spicy, bright crunchy salad!
Carrot Beet Citrus Salad with Honey Scallion dressing
- 3 medium scallions, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch or two of crushed red pepper.
- 1 (5-ounce) container of baby arugula
- 2 Tablespoon torn mint leaves
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shaved into thin strips using a vegetable peeler (about 2 cups)
- 2 small red beets, peeled, trimmed, and very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 medium radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium Clementines, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped unsalted almonds, toasted
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Pulse scallions, oil, honey, mustard, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until dressing is creamy and scallions are finely chopped, about 10 pulses, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Transfer to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Arrange arugula on a large, wide salad platter. Layer with carrot strips, beets, radishes, and Clementines. Scatter with almonds; drizzle with 1/3 cup dressing. Garnish with flaky sea salt. Serve salad alongside the remaining dressing.
For more of my recipes, visit gwinstinykitchen.cooking
Tips: To help with the earthy undertones beets have, sprinkle with salt, toss with honey, and a splash of lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes. This will lessen the earthy taste.
Radishes can have a sharp spicy peppery taste. A pinch of salt ahead of time, just on the radishes will help to lessen the bite.